- Bainbridge Graduate Institute, Washington August 2009
Masters of Business Administration in Sustainable Management
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California June 2005
Bachelor of Science- Aquatic Biology
- SEA Education Association, Woods Hole, Massachusetts March – June 2004
Scholar studies, research and tall ship sailing in the Western Atlantic Ocean
Matthew has been involved in the landscape design and maintenance industry for 12 years. He is a landscape irrigation auditor in the coastal Santa Barbara region. He received his MBA in sustainable business and is focused on food security and local food production. Over the last 2 years he has managed and developed the UCSB community gardens into a diverse garden growing a variety of the fruits and vegetables and feeding almost 100 local families. Currently, he is focused on edible landscaping and low water usage native plants for new construction or restoration.
Matthew has experience in operations and marketing strategies of small to mid-sized companies and also holds a California real estate salesperson license. He is currently preparing for the CLIA certification in Landscape Irrigation.
- Developed a product with an interest in reducing plastic bottle and to-go cup usage
- Developer and patent holder of consumer goods company
- Founded and developed 501c3 (pending) corporate entity